Thinking Differently When You Feel More Than a little Out of Control of Your Life.
The world is a different place at the moment and you may be looking at it with new eyes. It might be that your life is unrecognisable from how it was before the Covid-19 pandemic; it might be that it is less changed but that you have had to think creatively to get your essentials done. Anyone out there who has had a life changing illness, accident or event may recognise certain thoughts or feelings that they have been through before. Any of these can turn our life upside down, or require that we think differently, think outside the box in order to continue to live any kind of life at all. The founder of OutdoorCure had a subarachnoid haemorrhage arising from a burst berry aneurysm in 2012 and had to do exactly that. We asked for her top tips on getting through the tough times and thinking differently and are about to share them with you! Click the link to buy her book.
The OutdoorCure Guide to Thinking Differently When You Feel More Than a little Out of Control of Your Life.
1) Use this time to explore your values. There are many guides to this online. One of the most common complaints we hear is that people do not have enough time to do this. While going out is limited, this is one of the most valuable ways you can spend your time. Knowing your values helps you develop, grow and live a life authentic to you.
2) Do an idea storm. If you can no longer deliver your business in the same way, what is a viable alternative? Talk to your friends and family and see if you can create something entirely different that works for you.
3) Set yourself mini goals each day or week. Whichever works for you. Put them into different categories, for example health, career, self development or eco-goals. It is easy for a stretch of what can appear nothingness to have a negative impact on your wellbeing.
4) If you were unhappy in your job, or may be unable to return to your job, use your time off to explore alternative roles. What would you like to do – is there any upskilling, learning or preparation you can do to move closer to this goal? Now is the time to get this done!
5) Look at your 2021 goal – now is the time to reassess. Life as we knew it has changed and we cannot control that. What we can control is how we respond to it.
6) Stay connected! Call family and friends. Write to them. Set up a virtual way to connect games or a competition. We did a virtual cupcake competition!
7) Schedule in time for your wellbeing, we have an online course you can do with plenty of exercises that will help you to think differently and empower you to make changes. Why not give it a go..?
Let us know how you get on.
The OutdoorCure Team x