The OutdoorCure Self Care Survival Guide While Working
At OutdoorCureOnline we really do go on and on about self-care (you may have noticed 😊) We have written a few blogs about it and have a rather brilliant online course about it too. One thing we frequently hear from our clients is that while they manage to maintain a self-care plan or routine on days off, it is often hard to find time within the working day. So, today’s blog is dedicated to simple things that you can do to boost your energy and feel good factor while at work. Yes – even on a MONDAY! It is key not have the same expectations that you would have when you are not at work or you will get sucked into a vortex of pressure and feel as you are failing. The key to weaving self-care into your working day is to think simply and differently. Experiment and find out what works for you. To get you started we have put together a few ideas:
The OutdoorCure Guide to Simple Self Care Solutions in the Workplace:
1) Create a beautiful and tidy workspace. Yes, it’s obvious but this really makes a difference to your working day. Keep your desk clean, have plants on the side and if stationery is your thing, there is no reason not to enjoy the pens, notepads and sticky notes that you use while at work. Loving your workspace will ensure you are productive, organised and feel joy in your workspace.
2) Take the long route – exercise is a great part of self-care but it can be hard to find the time in your working day. So, take the long route to the printer, use the stairs instead of the lift, park further away and get moving. Monitor your step count in the office and notice how much more energised you feel when you move more.
3) Explore the local area on your breaks. If you work in a city, hunt out a new coffee shop or even a gallery if you have time. If you work in a green space, keep a change of shoes at work and get exploring the outdoors.
4) Make yourself a motivational playlist that is upbeat and inspiring. These are the tunes that you can put on when you need to be productive, creative or are in need of a boost.
5) Don’t forget the simple things – food and drink. Make yourself some healthy snacks the night before so you don’t reach for the sweet stuff and remember to monitor your water intake. Staying nourished and hydrated are essential to your wellbeing.
6) If you find something you look forward to – be it coffee in your favourite mug or a quick chat with your favourite colleague – make a note of it and keep it in your daily rituals. If it lights you up and you look forward to it – go for it!
7) If you enjoy getting stuck into challenges, set yourself a new goal or challenge each week. It could be work related or just personal to you. Taking the initiative to do this will make you feel great by focusing on improving and working towards goals.
What self-care will you plan in to your working week? Let us know what works for you!
The OutdoorCure Team x