The OutdoorCure ‘Have Book, Will Travel Book Club’
Reading has been high on the agenda so far this year at OutdoorCure HQ and, in usual OutdoorCure style, we have covered a vast range of genres. We can’t shout about the benefits of reading loudly enough – it improves focus and concentration, expands your knowledge and vocabulary, brings about stronger analytical and thinking skills and, depending on how you source your books, can be totally free entertainment. Reading can be a great conversation starter and if a book really resonates with you, you can find yourself recommending that book to anyone who will listen.
If any of our regular blog readers are feeling a little bewildered at our more ‘serious’ blog subject, fear not. While on the subject of reading, we also challenge you to have some fun and pull your best ‘I’m reading’ face without smiling – the concentration frown, the intelligence, the serious reading pout!!
We have compiled for you a list of 7 of some of our fave things to read. The ones that have made us think differently, jump up with excitement, inspired us or very deeply resonated.
The OutdoorCure list of 7 things to read that will help you to think differently:
1) ‘Man’s Search for Meaning’ by Viktor Frankl – if you haven’t already - read it, absorb it and share it with others… now!
2) ‘The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time’ by Mark Haddon – fascinating, different and very powerful.
3) ‘Daffodils’ by William Wordsworth – let’s get lost in the quiet beauty of nature.
4) ‘Goodbye Things’ – Fumio Sasaki – an alternative way to explore what really brings happiness.
5) ‘Big Magic’ by Elizabeth Gilbert – thought provoking and weirdly inspiring.
6) ‘The Salt Path’ by Raynor Winn – an absolutely engrossing read where love, simply wins.
7) ‘The Summer Day’ by Mary Oliver – the last line, the last line!
Some spring reads with a difference! Share with us the reads that have inspired and made an impact on you so we can add them to our list!!
Grab a book, get outdoors and happy reading,
The OutdoorCure Team x