"Life is growth. If we stop growing, technically & spiritually, we are as good as dead"MoriheiUeshba
At OutdoorCure we are massive advocates of personal development and it is one of our favourite conversations at OutdoorCure HQ. We have developed an amazing online compassionate wellbeing course called ‘Kind Mind’. The course is the end result of our own learning (particularly in areas such as Acceptance Commitment Therapy, mindfulness and becoming more self-aware – more in touch with our own values) We knew there were a lot of courses focusing on wellbeing out there but we wanted to do one with a difference… one that equips you with the tools to understand and think differently about your lifestyle. It uses a blend of learning methods – videos, worksheets and presentations to embed the learning and keep it fun! There are real life case studies (we love a good case study!!!) and even an amazing ‘Kind Mind’ Workbook which you can purchase alongside it. We have had a lot of queries recently about what people can do to support their own wellbeing following the emotional impact of Covid-19. It is now time to take a step back and reflect on what we can do to look after our own wellbeing.
The OutdoorCure Guide to the Benefits of Personal Development and Growth
1) You are better equipped to deal with change – when you accept and seek change for yourself, you develop the skills needed to deal with unexpected change in your life. It develops a strong foundation from which to grow.
2) You are healthier! When you embrace and get involved in personal development, you are more likely to value and take care of your health.
3) You inspire others – when you are evolving and growing – people around you notice. Your story, progress and all-round good vibes can inspire others.
4) You become more aware. Awareness is necessary for personal growth and is a valuable skill to have. You will find you are living a life that is more in tune with who you are.
5) You can overcome fear – personal development can push you out of your comfort zone – you may find you are exploring your fears and finding the courage to overcome them and move forward.
6) You don’t settle for ‘ok’ – if you are growing and evolving you are less likely to stagnate and accept things that are mediocre. You will strive for more.
7) It helps you become more creative – it helps you explore ideas, think differently and on a deeper level which, in turn, can develop your creative abilities and skills.
It was hard to stop at just 7!!!!!
The OutdoorCure Team x